To Enroll: Call, visit or email your neighborhood school. You'll be asked to fill out an enrollment form at the school - please bring along your child's social security number, birth certificate and immunization record ( click here for Minnesota Immunization requirements ).
Child's Birth Certificate: If your child was born in St. Louis County, contact the St. Louis County Recorder - Vital Statistics, Court House, Room 101 in Duluth or phone 218-726-2559. If your child was born outside St. Louis County, contact the courthouse in the county in which your child was born.
Child's Social Security Number
Immunizations: Minnesota State Law requires that all children entering a Minnesota school for the first time be completely immunized or provide legal exemption of the required immunizations.
Early Childhood Screening: Minnesota State Law requires a developmental and health screening for each child prior to enrollment in kindergarten. Duluth offers free screening between September and May (offices are not open during the summer months). For more information contact our Early Childhood Screening office at 218-336-8816. Another option: an equivalent screening can be accepted from another agency or provider (such as your family physician).
Physical and Dental Exams: It’s recommended that you make appointments for your child's physical and dental examination prior to registration and bring the completed forms with you. The school nurse will review them with you.
Transportation: Each school serves a designated attendance area. If you're not sure which school serves your attendance area, contact our Transportation Department at 218-336-8970. If you enroll in your attendance area school and live a certain distance from school, the district provides transportation. If you enroll in a school outside your attendance area you provide transportation for your student.
Transportation/School & Daycare: For your convenience, school district policy allows transportation for children to and from daycare sites.
· The daycare center and the school your child attends must be in the same attendance area.
· Pick up and drop off addresses can be different from each other but must remain consistent five days a week.
For safety reasons, short-term changes in bus stops are not permitted.
Parents wishing to send their student to a school outside their attendance area may do so by filling out and submitting a transfer form. Forms are available from any school in our district or from the Assistant Superintendents office at Historic Old Central High School.
Duluth’s 21st Century Elementary Schools Provide:
- All Day, Every Day Kindergarten for All Students
- Caring, enthusiastic teachers, dedicated to student success (average 17+ years experience, most hold Masters Degree or higher)
- Individualized attention
- 90 minutes reading plus 30 minutes writing each day
- 70 minutes math plus 10 additional minutes facts/computation fluency in grades 2-5
- Advanced academic opportunities and comprehensive interventions to boost reading and math skills
- Art, Music, Phy.Ed.
- State of the art facilities, modern classrooms, bright and engaging spaces, new playgrounds
- Guidance and support to help students learn responsibility, citizenship, respect
- Parent and community partnerships to support education
2000 Rice Lake Road
715 101st Avenue West
5300 Glenwood Street
2827 Chambersburg Avenue
Congdon Park at Woodland
201 Clover Street
In September 2013, students and staff return to a newly renovated Congdon Park School at 3116 East Superior Street.
4784 Howard Gnesen Road
5207 North Tischer Road
108 E. 6th Street
In September 2013, students and staff move into a newly renovated Myers-Wilkins School at 1027 North 8th Avenue East
720 North Central Avenue